Growing commercial roofing contractor in Columbia, Maryland is creating an entry level position in our Estimating Department. Requirements are to attend Pre-Bid meetings to document existing conditions and measure roof(s). Applicants must have the ability to climb a ladder to the roof. Candidate will deliver bids, attend Bid Openings and document results. Also able to procure bid documents for estimating department, along with other tasks and duties, as assigned. Candidate must be able to deal with multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. This position works under general supervision of the President, Vice President, and Senior Estimator. Must be accountable for completing all assigned tasks accurately and timely. May work individually or on teams, and will work in the office and the field.
Call 410-381-3100 between 7 & 9 am. EEO/AA Employer Minority/Females/Vets/Disabled
* Able to work full time at least 8 hours/day, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday additional hours (including additional weekend hours, as needed).
* Possess a valid Driver’s License.
* Must be US Citizen or Legal Resident.
* Possess strong interpersonal skills
* Strong customer service and negotiation skills
* Communicate effectively in English (orally & written) with others.
* Preferred minimum HS Diploma, GED, or four year degree.
* Basic computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel, as well as office equipment.
* Knowledge of construction.
* Must take initiative to work on own, work with others, as appropriate.
* Reliable and dependable (attendance, timeliness).
* Able to lift five to fifty pounds (5-50 lbs.) with or without assistance
* Deals with customers in a friendly, professionally manner.