Maintenance Person II - 74743
Maintenance Person II Job Code 7736/Range A26
Stanford University, Department of Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is committed to the preservation and enhancement of Stanfords campus and adjoining lands and constructs and maintains the facilities in which advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. LBRE takes pride in the care and stewardship of the 8,100 acres that make Stanford the special place that it is.
LBRE is seeking qualified applicants for the Maintenance Person II position in the Craft Shop/Carpentry. This is one year fixed term position.
In addition to the duties performed by Maintenance Person Is, employees at this level work under general supervision and perform maintenance duties of moderate complexity. The skill level associated with this classification is that which enables incumbents to
perform routine maintenance tasks in one trade area with facility and a minimum of supervision. Employees in this classification typically work within prescribed sets of procedures, but may make independent choices between predefined options. Work may be spot checked while in progress or inspected upon completion. The employee may work alone, as a member of a crew (with or without lead responsibility) or under general supervision or a journey level worker or a supervisor.
- Dig and move earth by hand or machine
- Move furniture and machinery by hand or machine
- Build and repair fences
- Pave and/or patch walkways, repair roadways
- Paint curbs, fire hydrants
- Pick up construction materials at supply houses
- Unclog drains
- Pull electrical cable
- Change engine oil
- Replace spark plugs, distributor points, condenser; air and oil filters
- Relamp buildings
- Replace acoustical tile
- Rough carpentry (i.e., building cement forms, barricades, sawhorses, etc.).
Plumbing repair and/or maintenance
- Repair faucets, toilets, basins, bathtubs, hot water heaters
- Reinstall or replace hot water heaters, toilets, sinks, garbage disposals
- Cut, bend, solder, and thread pipe
- Assemble small water pipe fittings
- Bleed hot water and steam heating systems
- Repair or replace thermo-couples, gas control valves heat exchangers.
Electrical repair and/or maintenance
- Repair electrical hand tools
- Replace electrical switches, outlets, sockets
- Route conduit
- Make electrical hook-ups
- Repair small electrical appliances.
- Replace fan and drive belts
- Replace air filters
- Lubricate motors and fans
- Clean and maintain motors
- Troubleshoot and tag faulty equipment for repair by journey craftsperson.
Automotive repair and/or maintenance
- Adjust gap clearances on motor intake and exhaust valves
- Adjust carburetor
- Lubricate vehicles.
Ability and knowledge necessary to safely and expeditiously perform maintenance duties of moderate complexity in at least one trade area. This level of skill would generally be associated with two years of actual work experience in the trade. This may include time
spent as an apprentice or in vocational training. A California driver's license is required.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate
Job Code: 7736