Technical Account Manager - Roof Coatings-1700277
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Roof Coating Technical Account Manager responsible for the management and growth of key strategic roofing customers in North America. The Roof Coating Technical Account Manager reports to the Business Manager Roofing Industry, of the Construction and Fiber Bonding business headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Technical Account Manager, Roof Coatings (1700277) Charlotte, NC
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead Customer Focus and Management, managing the day-to-day needs of strategic roofing accounts to ensure a strong relationship is built and maintained for the long term.
- Develop customer strategies and relationships to maximize BASF penetration at each account to enable rapid growth
- Support and implement Roof Coatings growth initiatives at strategic accounts
- Become the customer advocate, trusted advisor, and problem solver ensuring customer solutions are addressed and needs are met
- Enhance customer relations and develops awareness for the customer's product and service needs.
- Identify new market opportunities that support growth initiatives
- Demonstrate a deep understanding on roof coatings, associated roofing products (primers, top coats, etc.) and formulations
- Become involved in Industry organizations such as the Roof Coating Manufacturers Association and ASTM
- Support customer trials in a hands on role and effectively monitor the impact and results
- Demonstrate a deep understand the roofing industry and work in collaboration with the North American Building Codes and Regulations groups to ensure BASF products and new developments are positioned for growth
- Influence the decision maker and influencers in the roof coating market and at the customer level
- Assist in developing and implements long and short-range plans, policies and programs under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objective.
- Participate in pricing negotiates and contracts to maximize profitability and growth to ensure the long term sustainability of the roofing business
- Participate in the training of distributors and field sales for with regards to roof coatings
- Assist in new product development and product launches Acts as liaison for R&D and technical relationships between the customer and BASF.
- Proactively develop and implement technical support consistent with Needs Based Segmentation to ensure long-term customer loyalty including state-of-the-art customer consulting and training.
- Coordinate laboratory work with Technical Specialist and Technicians
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement
- Support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
Bachelor's degree in Science, Business or related field
10+ years' experience in technical or sales in the roof coating industry
Expertise in roof coating industry across multiple product lines
Understanding of customer application, formulation, technology in the roof coating industry
Project management experience
Demonstrated experience effectively influencing others
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Other Locations: US-AZ-Phoenix, US-FL-Tampa, US-AZ-Tucson, US-TX-Dallas, US-CA-Orange, US-CA-Los Angeles
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America