LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
Bolster downstream market demand and brand name recognition for siding by organizing and publishing user-friendly, best-known product application specifications; servicing architects, engineers, builders and any other siding stakeholders/specifiers with competitive architectural/CAD specifications; serving, auditing and training local builders and siding contractors; augmenting the local field and inside Sales Teams with prompt answers to customer questions; and by ensuring that all product collateral is current and technically accurate. This position works closely with the Technical Sales Managers, Inside Sales Team and Marketing. This position reports through Technical Sales.
- Maintain hands-on knowledge of LP Siding and non-residential products
- Conduct prompt technical review of all Sales and Marketing collateral in concert with the Legal team
- Research, design, and develop best known application practices for siding and non-residential products
- Write, publish and maintain application instructions for LP Siding and non-residential products
- Interface with the Technical Sales Managers and Inside Sales to deliver specifications and FAQs supporting the proper use of siding and non-residential products
- Provide product installation training seminars for contractors in the Metro Sales Area of the corporate headquarters
- Organize and maintain the siding technical library including all presentations, installation instructions, drawings, manuals and code report records
- Collaborate with national, local and regional code authorities on approvals impacting LP siding products
- May participate in the development/updating of new/current training materials for customers, builders, contractors, distributors, dealers, specifiers and third party officials
- May train LP team members to a level of competence and confidence in the proper installation of LP siding products
- Direct siding issues reported through corporate channels to the respective Technical Sales Manager and collaborate on solutions
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary