CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country's leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world's leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
Manages all aspects of construction on company owned and/or leased properties in order to assure compliance with appropriate standards and budgets. Oversees all minor repairs and advises on all major repairs for facilities including roofs, exteriors, interiors and building systems. Directs operations personnel in development of applicable scopes of work and budgets for all facilities matters.
- Functions as Owner's Representative for all new construction, renovation and major repairs on company facilities.
- Identifies contractors, negotiates pricing, negotiates construction contracts and approves payments for all projects handled.
- Analyzes specific facility issues to determine appropriate scope of work needed.
- Provides detailed project budgets and obtains necessary corporate approvals. Manages project to assure that costs remain within budgets and completion is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Maintains communication with operations and other corporate departments on all aspects of construction projects including schedules, milestone action dates, and costs.
- Responsible for project close-out by obtaining Certificates of Occupancy, Lien Releases, Warranties, Punchlist Completion Verification and Collection of Landlord Funds.
- Develops and maintains a database of facility/construction information and actual historical costs.
- Coordinates with designers, merchandisers and operations personnel in developing and refining ways to maintain corporate construction standards, construction methods, and specifications in most cost effective manner.
- Responsible for implementing repairs as needed for all corporate facilities to insure appropriate preservation of assets at minimal maintenance costs.
- Responsible for management of National HVAC maintenance contract to insure proper billing and quality of service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
- Three to five years Commercial Construction and/or Owner's Representative experience (preferred).
- Ability to read/interpret/generate construction documents.
- Computer literate in MS Office, Excel, and Project Management software.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to interact effectively with all levels of organization.
- Able to travel