Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community employees and residents striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
In an effort to help those who have served our country begin new and rewarding civilian careers, Equity Residential is pleased to offer our Military Personnel Trainee Program. The program provides comprehensive training for transitioning military personnel with an interest in and an aptitude for property management careers, but who lack the specific experience we typically seek. Our structured six-week training program provides hands-on experience working in an apartment community. Trainee positions are paid, full-time, and benefits eligible.
Two career tracks are available depending on interest, experience and skills:
- Sales and Service: Trainees will work closely with Community Managers, Leasing Consultants, and Customer Support Assistants to learn the fundamentals of apartment leasing and resident retention. Focus will be on the apartment leasing process, rapport-building, problem-solving, and creating lifelong loyal customers. Positions available at the end of a Sales and Customer Service Trainee Program will depend on an individual's qualifications, but could include Customer Support Assistant, Leasing Consultant or Community Administrator.
- Apartment Maintenance: Trainees will work closely with Maintenance Managers, Technicians and Assistants to learn the fundamentals of the technical side of our business. Focus will be on the apartment turnover process and general and preventive maintenance, including painting, electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, and appliance repair. Positions available at the end of an Apartment Maintenance Trainee Program will depend on an individual's qualifications, but could include Maintenance Assistant or Maintenance Technician.
- Transitioning or recently separated military service member
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Relevant experience for the position sought (sales and customer service for Sales and Service trainee program; maintenance, repair, skilled trade, or construction experience for Maintenance trainee program)
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.