Littleton Adventist Hospital is a 231-bed, full-service medical center delivering quality care and Level II emergency care for more than 25 years. Located in the Denver suburb of Littleton, CO, the hospital is surrounded by residential neighborhoods, retail, dining, Littleton’s charming “old town” area, and abundant outdoor space with trails, nature centers and golf courses. In addition to numerous awards for care excellence, we are also leading the way in health care environmental sustainability. Our associates are actively engaged in protecting the health of our environment, working tirelessly to minimize the negative environmental impacts from our operations. Our sustainable achievements have been recognized with several local and national awards, including the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award from Practice Greenhealth for three consecutive years (2014- 2016). If you want to be part of a team where our mission to care touches more than just the patient, we look forward to meeting you. For details about Littleton’s culture, service and support for healthy environments and one another, visit http://www.mylittletonhospital.org.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 93956
Recruiter Contact:Stephanie Angellotto (StephanieAngellotto@centura.org)
Clinic/Department: 8541 LAH PLANT OPERATIONS
Hospital: LITTLETON ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time Evenings
Shift: 1-9:30pm Monday - Friday (will be on call occasionally)
This position is designed to provide maintenance and preventive maintenance to the buildings, equipment and grounds to provide a safe and healthful environment. The responsibilities include those of general maintenance (i.e., carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, equipment maintenance and safety testing.
- High school graduate or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1 year experience in general maintenance OTHER SKILLS
- Strong aptitude for learning POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Constructs and repairs various items (i.e.; building woodwork, windows, ceiling tiles, walls/floors, cabinets, counter tops, doors, office furniture and chairs).
- Performs a variety of general maintenance, repair, overhaul and construction duties.
- Performs minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Inspects and performs repairs on Life Safety components (i.e.; fire/smoke wall, doors, exit corridors, exit stairs, & chute doors).
- Monitors and inspects work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
Maintains all required records and information for all regulatory agencies (i.e.; JCAHO, state and city health departments).
- Prioritizing work as to immediate need.
- Anticipates maintenance needs before they become a problem or a safety hazard.
- Plans out work ahead of time keeping in mind the amount of material and labor required.
- Proper protective equipment is worn at appropriate times.
- Proper tools are used for the task at hand and they are operated safely.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.