Carnegie Science Center seeks a full-time Repair/Maintenance Technician. Under minimal supervision s/he will perform various general maintenance, mechanical and plumbing repairs. Work may involve a variety of physical demands. Ability to perform related tasks as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years combined training and experience in general building maintenance and/or construction trades.
- Knowledge and experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and painting trades (including blueprint reading)
- Experience in the set-up, operation and maintenance of audio/video equipment and in the tools, skills, practices and safety procedures of the building trades
- Must possess a valid PA driver's license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills and ability to work without direct supervision.
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy objects and ability to work from ladders and scaffolding.
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is interested in candidates who, through their experience and collaborations, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the Carnegie Museums community.
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required prior to beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
• Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
• Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
• FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
Obtaining the required clearances is part of the orientation process. However, if you would like more information, please visit http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/clearances/index.htm
Carnegie Museums is an EEO-1 Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability.