The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor seeks applications for a Director of Operations/Technical Director for the Performing Arts Center beginning in June 2017. UMHB seeks staff members who are active Christians and dedicated to the preparation of students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
This position reports to the Dean of the College of Visual and Performing Arts. The CVPA values creativity and innovation and expects the selected candidate will participate actively in the college community, as well as work cooperatively with local fine arts groups.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 19,000 in the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
The successful candidate will serve as Director of Operations for a new Performing Arts Center and be responsible for overseeing and assisting with all aspects of the day-to-day operations, usage, scheduling and maintenance of the new PAC facilities. Also this position will serve as Technical Director for the new Performing Arts Center and oversee the technical aspects of the new PAC’s assorted performance productions (approximately 9 choral & instrumental concerts and 1 musical theatre production per semester).
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, schedule and communicate the PAC calendar with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate, plan and execute all PAC use/performances.
- Coordinate with and assist lead production teacher including promotion of event.
- Create, review and maintain PAC equipment inventory and related documentation.
- Coordinate all aspects of house management during all PAC performances.
- Train and manage house and technical crews (work-study students) and review procedures.
- Coordinate ticketing for all UMHB PAC performances.
- Identify maintenance and PAC supply procurement needs.
- Coordinate and facilitate of PAC by outside groups.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the PAC.
- Supervise the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment of stage facilities.
- Determines the necessary technical supports necessary for university events and performances in advance of production dates.
- Supervises and assists with set and stage construction and management.
- Designs, sets up, maintains, and operates lighting and sound systems for university productions and projects.
- Assists guest designers and outside arts groups with technical matters.