Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $364 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7159
POSITION TITLE: MANAGER, BUILDING SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: CORPORATE REAL ESTATE SERVICES
- Bachelor degree or equivalent knowledge and experience required; Bachelor degree in business, engineering or construction management preferred
- Minimum of five years of corporate real estate or property management, including infrastructure operations experience required.
- Strong management, administrative and organizational skills desired
- In-depth knowledge of facilities planning, operations and construction required; strong trouble shooting and analytical skills desired
- Valid PA driver’s license required
- Demonstrated skills in basic plumbing and carpentry
- Strong technical knowledge of building systems, data center, UPS, electrical, mechanical, and HVAC required
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and construction documents
- Familiarity with ergonomics, safety procedures, building/health codes and OSHA preferred
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Oversee the custodial and facility maintenance of all Federated-occupied facilities, including preventative maintenance programs, operation manual creation, routine property and furniture inspections, employee relocations, and café, coffee and vending services
- Supervise Facility Service Representatives; develop, mentor and train team to independently perform services to support Federated’s facilities in the Pittsburgh offices.
- Assist Facilities Manager with project management and with coordinating the services of building trades and furniture contractors
- Ensure cost-efficient and high quality solutions to facilities maintenance and construction/project management needs; develop emergency response actions plans for infrastructure equipment
- Manage outsourced vendors related to facilities; develop requests for proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate responses
- Define and administer comprehensive preventive maintenance for Federated’s business infrastructure equipment
- Assist in the preparation of detailed budgets and track variance of budgets for building operations
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Respond to system maintenance and system complications after regular business hours as needed
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Regular travel required between facilities in the Pittsburgh area; occasional travel to other domestic office locations
- Overtime as required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and functions and meet changing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Ability to prioritize work effectively
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.