Job Title: Construction Superintendent - Commercial
Work Schedule: Regular M-F 8:00 to 5:00, or as company needs dictate
Company: Ahtna Design-Build, Inc. (ADB)
Department: CA Construction
Location/Site: Savannah, GA
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Employment Status: Full time, Temporary
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Labor Group: Project
Projected Start Date: March 2017
Projected End Date: December 2017
Salary Grade/Geo Scale Value:
Approved Date: 1/9/2017
This position is responsible for managing and directing all job site activities to ensure project is completed within budgetary, design, scheduling and quality requirements. Coordinates the planning of construction equipment and materials to ensure timely delivery, supervises workflow and performance of all subcontractors and field personnel, provides routine communication, resolves construction problems and manages job site safety.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in the vertical commercial construction industry, strong relationship building skills, excellent planning and project management skills, and the ability to prioritize and lead others, to collaborate with the Project Manager to ensure the project is a success from start-to-finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s) including but not limited to:
- Familiarize himself with all of the project plans, specifications, addenda, bulletins, etc., that constitute the contract documents. Furthermore, confirm that all subcontractors working on the site have the most current and complete documents with which to work from.
- Accomplish construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Participate in the pre-construction planning sessions by trade to familiarize himself/herself with the unique characteristics of the schedule and trade interface. Become completely knowledgeable with the scope of all subcontract agreements.
- Participate in organization, scheduling, and monitoring of subcontractor’s staffing levels for timely project completion. Analyze worker and production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing procedures where practical on project.
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to design plans and specifications.
- Conduct meetings as required with all subcontractor representatives of the project on a daily and/or weekly basis to schedule and coordinate the activities to be accomplished.
- Ensure that all required testing of materials as specified is properly conducted and testing results are properly recorded. Coordinate with quality control personnel on site.
- Ensure material is delivered to the construction site per established agreements.
- Record information such as personnel, production, and operational data on specified forms and reports; communicate with Project Manager.
- Maintain a safe jobsite per the requirements of the projects Safety and Health Plan, and all local and federal safety regulations.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure the project is properly manned to meet project schedules and budgets.
- Additional duties may include assisting in estimating, review of subcontractor and material proposals, development of the master schedule, assisting in review of shop drawings for key materials and finalization of as-builts, turnover and walk throughs for equipment and material.
Sub-Contractors, Craft Workers and Laborers