ASGE employs two Operations Managers who comprise the Operations Management team, under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer. Each Operations Manager is charged with managing multiple aspects of the ASGE Headquarters building which also encompasses the Institute for Training and Technology (IT&T). Overall maintenance of the physical plant, land and property is the responsibility of the Operations Manager(s). Scheduling adequate support for events and programs within the property is the responsibility of the Operations Management team. Managing the Front Desk/Concierge operation is a responsibility of the position as well. Additionally, compliance and oversight of related functions, as outlined below, are also duties of the Operations Manager(s).
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Building/Property Maintenance – Comprehensive responsibility for provision of building and property maintenance, operation and preventive services. This includes contract/adjunct services management, including, but not limited to:
- Maintain, clean and proactively service interior and exterior of building, including terrace
- Maintain, clean and supply restrooms and locker rooms
- Replace light bulbs
- Requisition supplies and equipment
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and boxes
- Set, arrange/remove decorations, tables, chairs, etc. to prepare facilities for events and meetings
- Scheduled maintenance and cleaning
- Minor electrical maintenance
- Minor plumbing maintenance to provide operable and efficient plumbing capabilities
- Minor painting, carpentry and masonry work to provide operable and efficient facilities
- Minor HVAC work (e.g. adjusting and calibrating thermostats, pneumatic controls and HVAC) to maintain a comfortable temperature for employees and proper equipment operation
- Perform scheduled and "as needed" inspection and preventive maintenance on tools and equipment to maintain operability
- Trash/waste collection, including recycling and medical waste management
Maintenance Staff Oversight – Management of Operations Maintenance staff member whose responsibility will include general upkeep and preventative maintenance of the facility and property, as noted above.
Contract Services Management – Secure and maintain contracts for any outsourced services including but not limited to:
- Office Cleaning
- Security Guard
- Vending Services
- Landscaping/Snow Removal
- Security Monitoring Company
- Internal Building Maintenance
- External building maintenance
- Parking Lot
- Outside Lighting
- Secure contracts for project-specific work including:
- Ensure that contractors supply current insurance certificates
Regulatory Compliance – Ensure organizational adherence to community codes by working with individual departments within the municipality.
- Security System Alert
- Fire Alarm Alert
- Failure of any building related equipment/system integral to business operations
Systems Testing – Determine maintenance and testing schedule and coordinate testing for internal building components.
- Air conditioning/heating
- Fire Suppression System
- Alarm System
Facility Event Management – Scheduling support staff for events conducted within the property.
- Knowledge of software management system to accurately schedule staff support and manage services/components to support events.
- Coordination of outside services, vendors, deliveries/shipments and equipment needed to deliver events.
- Coordinate and schedule necessary support staff (internal and external) to deliver events.
Security/Building Safety – Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, implement and security systems and procedures.
- Implement key card system including operation of system software, creating new key cards, administration of building access forms, keeping additional cards in stock.
- Administer the distribution of keys and duplicates. Only authorized employees will have keys that offer access to specified areas of the building.
- Train employees on safety and security procedures.
- Welcome guests and attend to their needs
- Add names/welcome to welcome sign
- Announce visitors to hosts and complete Visitor’s Log procedures
- Assist with general requests; copies, taxi and dinner reservations, etc.
- Receive US Mail and Manage Parcel and Order Deliveries
- Complete parcel log with date received and intended recipient
- Secure parcel in Front Desk if not picked up or deliver to recipient, as time permits
- Direct drivers and delivery to Loading Dock for larger deliveries