RESTORE ELGIN: is a 40,000 square foot home improvement center that accepts donated goods from retailers, manufacturers, contractors and homeowners. Building supplies are then sold, at great prices, to the general public. The store's operations generate funds to support the Northern Fox Valley affiliate of Habitat for Humanity and its local building program.
MISSION: The ReStore mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated home improvement and building materials, which supports the home construction program of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley. Through its efforts, the ReStore also facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement materials to the public, as well as increases Habitat's visibility in our community.
The ReStore Manager is responsible for the overall management of the store's day-to-day operations as well as play an active role in planning for the ReStore’s future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates administrative procedures, policies, including oversight of materials used.
- Recognizes that Restore is often one's first impression of Habitat for Humanity and ensures Habitat’s reputation and helps maintain a clean, well merchandised, and orderly environment.
- Oversees staff and volunteers and ensures all departments are adequately covered.
- Provides quality customer service and handles grievances professionally.
- Facilitates the proper maintenance of building, equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and accident procedures.
- Help identify solutions to issues that may arise relating to operations so that the smooth running of the ReStore is optimally maintained.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing, advertising and social media programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Implement and maintain personnel policies approved by the Board of Directors
- Train and manage ReStore staff and volunteers in accordance with policies and ensure staff is well versed about Habitat's program and local activities.
- Facilitate a positive, team-oriented environment in which all staff and volunteers are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Address and document violations of policies and code of conduct by staff, and recommend action regarding chronic or serious situations.
- Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the Volunteer Coordinator and the ReStore Director if needed.
- Evaluate staff performance and volunteers in accordance with job descriptions and performance evaluation procedures, and recommend performance actions to ReStore Director.
Reporting and Communications
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting, training and retaining volunteers.
- Report to Operations Manager daily about staff and volunteer issues or concerns.
- Provide weekly / monthly reports as directed by the Operations Manager.
Finance and Administration
- Assist in implementing and monitoring systems for daily cash and credit transactions and deposits. Ensures proper procedures are followed.
- Open and close cash registers ensuring proper procedures are followed
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis.
- Work in conjunction with the ReStore Director to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
- Provide backup for cashier when needed.
Policy and Planning
- Help develop and recommend policy for sales.
- Monitor competitive merchandise market environment (pricing and practices).
- Participate in the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies, goals and objectives.
- Present all policy proposals to the ReStore Director for approval.
- Work with management team (ReStore Director, Volunteer Coordinator) to develop methods that increase sales and decrease costs.