| We are currently seeking ambitious and personable candidates to serve as Animal Exclusion Technicians. You will make service calls to residential customers and provide exclusion and animal-control services as outlined in job orders. This will include setting traps, working on roofs using a safety harness, and removing wildlife from homes. As you will also seal entry points to prevent animals from re-entering residences, a background in the construction trades (particularly roofing and carpentry) would be ideal. |
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to start a career right out of high school with comprehensive paid training and plenty of room for advancement. We'll even help you to get your licensure / certification! Come and see why so many of our employees have made Terminix their career home. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This position is within our Terminix brand.
ServiceMaster is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 8,000 company-owned locations and franchise and license agreements. The company's portfolio of well-recognized brands includes American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or Facebook.com/ServiceMaster.
Performs exclusion services and animal removal at customer locations according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Applies company standards in servicing customer locations. Responds to customer inquiries; solicits new business; and adheres to required safety regulations.
1. Performs exclusion services and animal removal at customer locations according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
2. Sets up and builds exclusion traps, cuts flashing and forms hardware cloth to specifications.
3. Works in a safety harness from roof tops as needed in the performance of exclusion services and wildlife removal.
4. Removes animals trapped in exclusion devices according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
5. Drives company vehicle to customer locations. Maintains safe driving record.
6. Maintains service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper operating condition.
7. Responds to phone and in-person service call requests on a timely basis.
8. Contacts customer to confirm scheduled services.
9. Assists in current and/or potential company sales through contact on work related project.
10. Trains and coaches other associates.
11. Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding exclusion and removal work.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Three to six months related exclusion experience and/or training including ladder and/or roof and harness work.
Six months experience utilizing basic hand tools, small power tools, & related equipment.
Licensing and certification as required by federal, state, and local law.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mechanical and carpentry skills
Ability to add, to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Maintain a valid driver's license.
Ability to read, to comprehend, and execute safety procedures and instruction labels.
Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability