Holton-Arms School invites applications for the full-time position of Facilities Manager for Engineering for the 2016-17 school year. Founded in 1901, Holton-Arms School is an independent college preparatory girls school with 657 students in grades 3 through 12, located on a 57- acre campus in Bethesda, MD, a suburb of Washington. The School is known for its commitment to academic excellence, and for its leadership in providing opportunities for young women in athletics and the fine and performing arts. We are a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff reflecting the population of the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
The Facilities Manager for Engineering is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Facilities. The Facilities Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the engineering operations within the organization. This is a full-time exempt management position.
- Schedules and assigns work responsibilities to engineering staff to meet shift requirements.
- Orients and trains engineering staff to perform maintenance activities and tasks.
- On call availability for emergencies and projects as assigned by Director of Facilities.
- Observes / evaluates corrective maintenance or repair on equipment.
- Provide high level technical competence across a range of skills within building engineering.
- Work hand in hand with engineering staff to maintain equipment when needed.
- Makes recommendations on maintenance repairs and contracts in a timely manner.
- As part of the Facilities emergency preparedness team, identifies potential problems, develops response plans and manages crises when needed.
- Monitors the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
- Inventories and acquisitions of maintenance supplies.
- Maintains disaster preparedness, identifies potential problems, develops response plans and manages crises.
- Develops, implements, and reviews policies, procedures, and standards covering preventative, routine, and breakdown maintenance services.
- Oversees the construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Ensures highly efficient safety program. Conforms to OSHA standards.
- Supervises administration of maintenance facility, including preparation of budgets, work schedules, goals and objectives, and purchase/requisition documents.
- Additional duties may be required to meet mission of the school.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in management of maintenance department or facility.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry trades. Must be able to operate tools and equipment related to facility maintenance. Excellent understanding of mechanical systems and their operation.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean background check.
- Must possess good communication skills especially during emergency situations.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills. Experience managing staff is a plus.
- Must perform all duties in a professional manner, understand and follow written and verbal commands and make independent and good judgment decisions based on School policies and procedures.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Work is performed inside and outside the building with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Flexibility with working hours and working conditions is required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a competitive salary
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
ATT: Human Resources
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 301-767-2710
To learn more about Holton-Arms, please visit our website at www.holton-arms.edu