OVERALL PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITY:
The primary and most important overall responsibility of all employees is to provide service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to our students and other members of the College community.
Under general supervision assists in a variety of maintenance and construction tasks involving the various trades, such as carpentry, masonry, painting , plumbing, etc., fill-in for the absence of another position, to assure continuance of the Facilities operations, and to allow for flexibility, and versatility of the Department.
|Specific Duties and Responsibilities: |
1. Performs in the function of one or more craft areas, such as carpentry, plumbing, painting, etc., in order to repair and/or replace broken or damaged facilities in his absence in order to complete an assignment or project.
2. Performs preventive maintenance as assigned.
3. Performs general construction tasks such as new work, remodeling, repairing existing building or sub-division thereof.
4. Install new equipment.
5. Handle general maintenance and repair of facilities including furniture, drains, doors.
6. May operate a motor vehicle to transport men and material when required.
7. Works from drawing, sketches, schematics, and diagrams, and develops bill of materials required for installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment, systems and/ or facilities.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
May work outside in inclement weather. Occasional exposure to the possibility of bums, cuts, scrapes, bruises, and infection.
Standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing, and works in uncomfortable positions. May be required to work from ladders, platforms, scaffolds. Frequently lifts, carries and sets up parts and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.